Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

Hi, I have a Nissan Figaro, that has just done 57,000 miles.

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Nissan Figaro, that has just done 57,000 miles. Unfortunately, the water pump failed a couple of weeks ago. I had the water pump replaced and the cam belt changed, and a 'full service' by a 'Figaro specialist'. The car ran very well before the water pump was changed.
Since the work has been done the car is gutless - top speed of 60 miles per hour. I have just checked the engine oil, it has overfilled and is very high. Is my car safe to drive? Could this have damaged the turbo or any thing else?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  indy-tech replied 4 years ago.
Hi .

Sorry to hear this ,but first i suggest you drain off some oil to the correct level .
Remove the air inlet tubes from the turbo and check for oil .

Is the check engine light ON when the engine is running .

Greg
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Greg,

Thanks for getting back to me. Engine oil is now the correct level. There is oil in the turbo and it doesn't spin freely.

The engine light does not come on when the engine is running.

Should I avoid driving the car until the turbo is replaced or is it safe to drive?

Presumably the turbo can not be reconditioned?

Thanks Anita

Expert:  indy-tech replied 4 years ago.
Hi Anita.

When driving is there a lot od gray smoke when you accelarate hard .

Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No grey smoke.

Expert:  indy-tech replied 4 years ago.
Hi Anita .

Now you have drained off some oil drive your car and go for a good drive on the motorway to clear out what oil is left in the exhaust system .

Then please get back to me .

Greg