Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

I have a 2004 Nissan Tino ( 1800 Petrol Auto). In the last

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Nissan Tino ( 1800 Petrol Auto). In the last 3 days engine has cut out three times, on one occasion resulting in Engine Malfunction warning ( reset by local garage yesterday) but cut out again today without warning being generated. Seems to happen after about 5 miles of driving ( engine warmed through) and at relatively slow speeds - restarets OK when droppe dinto neutral but lacks power ( limp mode?). All fluids, readings seem normal, recent service and new exhaust fitted. Any ideas? ( don't like it when my lovely Tino is poorly!)
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I'm OK to wait for an answer. I now believe the fault is related to air temperature as the car has not cut out on my early morning trips to work when the air is cooler. However, it's cut out again on my afternoon return trips when the air temperature has been much hotter.

I'll await your search for an expert.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  Billy replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome! I'm Billy and i will assist you with this.

My apologies for the delay, thank you for your patience.

When you had the engine warning light on, what was the fault code (as to reset, you need to read the fault code first)?

PS: the most likely reason on this model would be a faulty crankshaft sensor or camshaft sensor. (however, there are many other reasons that would cause the engine to stall)
Was the idle actuator and the throttle body checked/cleaned?