Billy
Billy, Trainer/ Master Technician
Experience:  Trainer 8+ years, master tech. 10+ years, SAE member
30385560

I have a Nissan Almera Tino 1.8 SE+ on a 53 plate & the central

Customer Question

I have a Nissan Almera Tino 1.8 SE+ on a 53 plate & the central locking has failed. Although I can manually lock the passenger doors (both front & rear, there is no way of locking the boot. My Haynes manual cites the likely cause as being the Central Locking ECU but the description (picture & words) for the removal & replacement of the ECU isn't what is actually there. The locking system is an electronic dead locking system so I've been looking for a fuse in the circuitry but haven't located one. Any suggestions please.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi, I don't mind continuing to wait for an answer - the car's going nowhere!.

Hello Richard,

Thanks for getting back to me. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  Billy replied 4 years ago.
Hello Richard and welcome! I'm Billy and i will assist you with this.

My apologies for the delay, thank you for your patience.

The control module you are checking would be the body control module. It controls the wipers, central locking etc... Hence all the pins and connectors.

This control module is most likely faulty (having already checked the fuses, and wires, and having operated the locks successfully by supplying power).
To confirm the fault, you can use a scan tool connected to the vehicle, and make it actuate the locks, and if the locks do not work, then the module is faulty.

Instead of getting a new control module, you can check out: bba-reman.com give them a call, as they should be able to remanufacture your unit.

Thank you for your trust! Get back to me if you need more assistance...Thank you in advance for the positive rating...
http://www.justanswer.com/car/expert-billy/

Regards, Billy