Mike
Mike, UK Nissan Car Mechanic
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Quasqai appears to airlock and wont start until primed 1.5

Customer Question

Quasqai appears to airlock and won't start until primed 1.5 diesel
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.

Mike :

Hello and Welcome to justanswer...

Mike :

My name is XXXXX XXXXX Im happy to help you with this.. Has it had any parts renewed at all ...or any in depth checking/ tests done?

JACUSTOMER-l5tbnu8e- : No
Mike :

Thank you .. so you pump the primer and it runs ok yes ?

Mike :

Are you receiving me?

Mike :

Im not receiving any response from you - I will have to switch us out of live chat to the QA system in a few mins if I dont hear back from you ---

Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hello again -

Im afraid there seemed to be a problem with the chat system so I have switched us out to the QA system..

Basically with the issue you have - the first thing to check would be the fuel filter. If the filter is old / clogging... then it will be the fault. Pumping the primer forces the fuel through so it starts -so a new filter would cure that.

If its not that , then its usually the primer unit itself - the whole unit needing replacing... but the system should be checked for any air leaks first - Remember, air can leak - be drawn into the system and cause fuel to drain back to the tank - and you wont always see fuel leaking - air can leak out / in... and fuel won't leak out because of the weight difference between air and diesel.

So check, work through as above to cure this issue you have.

Let me know if you need anything more on this at all -

Meantime -- Please click on the OK rating to Excellent ratings service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me anytime if you need / wish..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
How would I go about checking for air leaks in the primer?