Shantal-Mod
Shantal-Mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73554018

Since replacing a faulty battery on my 2009 Nissan Qashqai

Customer Question

Since replacing a faulty battery on my 2009 Nissan Qashqai 1.5 dci, I only have the two trip mileage facilities available on the dash screen. I no longer have the mpg, miles to empty, or journey time available to me. Has the battery going faulty damaged part of the onboard computer?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  indy-tech replied 3 years ago.
Hi .

Thank you for using justanswer for your automotive problems ..

What i suggest you try first, as what has happened you have spiked the system .

Disconnect the battery posts, both of them the negative (black) then the positive (red),
then touch the two cables together then after 30 seconds reconnect the battery cables Red first then the black cable .
Before connecting the cables give the battery post and cable clamps a good clean.

Then switch on the ignition and check the system is working correctly ,

Now if this does not work please get back to me.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back with the reply box below and not the poor or bad service button ,

For further assistance there is no extra charge after accepting.

Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry, doing that with the battery terminals hasn't made any difference at all ...

Expert:  indy-tech replied 3 years ago.
Hi Robert .

You will have to have your car hooked up to a diagnostic scan tool to see what has to be reset , i don't think you have a big issue unless the battery was replaced reverse and crossed the battery post , this could cause all sorts of issue like you are having .

I will opt out and see if another expert can assist you with this issue .

Kindest regards Greg
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Greg

Thanks for trying to help anyway. I really would appreciate it if you could put me in touch with one of your other experts could help me in this matter.

Robert

Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Hello Robert,

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello Shantal

Yes I would like you to continue searching for someone who can help me. Certainly it's not a matter of life and death but I do like things to work in my car. It may be something as simple as a blown relay but, not being an auto-electrician, I don't want to start pulling these things out without some form of guidance.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Robert

Hello Robert,

Thank you for getting back to me and providing additional information. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Hello Robert,

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello Shantal

Just close my question.

Robert

Hello Robert,

I am sorry we were unable to assist you. As requested I will go ahead and close your question.

Thank you for using JustAnswer UK,