Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

Hello. My question actually relates to a Pathfinder, but Im

Customer Question

Hello. My question actually relates to a Pathfinder, but I'm guessing there are similar arrangements in a Navara so hope you can help.
The drivers door power window has ceased to work , luckily whilst in the shut position. This has happened before, and I replaced the master switch - this didnt work initially but the following day worked fine up until now. Dont know if its related, but the drivers window ( and sunroof)auto close / shut functions also have to be reset on a regular basis
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 4 years ago.
Hi there, do you have a volt meter?

If so remove the. Door panel and unplug the window motor connector, take you voltmeter and test for power while operating the window switch. If you have power at the motor and its not functioning the the motor has failed, which is by far the most common failure item on the power window system.

If you don't have power at the motor when operating the switch you need to check for power coming into the master switch.

Let me know what you get, thanks.