Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

Hi My Nissan Kubistar 2003 SE DCI 80 just packed up. It

Customer Question

My Nissan Kubistar 2003 SE DCI 80 just packed up. It was working fine then last night it didn't want to start, got it going & took it home where overnight I just connected a solar charger (I work away from home & have no access to chargers) I got about 6 hours of daylight but this morning it wouldn't turn over. All ignition lights were on, wipers, horn, electric windows etc all still worked.
I bumped it from 2nd Gear & it started no problem.
Drove it to work, called the local garage to see if they had a replacement battery which they did so arranged to drop it off & have it fitted.
This was about an hour after I'd driven it 30 miles to work & when I went to start it again it wouldn't turn over, nor bump.
Towed it for 5 miles to the local garage & tried on the way to bump it several times.
All ignition lights are on but when the clutch is released from 2nd & 3rd gear to try & bump it, there's nothing, no resistaance & it just seems to be free wheeling?
Is this possibly a collapsed clutch?
The garage put a starter pack on the battery & tried to turn it over but there wasn't even as much as a click?

Any suggestion would be appreciated
Al
Category: Nissan