Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

hi there i have 2006 xtrail 2.2 dci and it has a pinking knocking

Customer Question

hi there i have 2006 xtrail 2.2 dci and it has a pinking knocking noise when engine is under load it does get quieter when it warms up i was told it was a injector i took them out and had them checked and they said that two of them were down on pressure so he lifted them up the other 2 were fine put them back in and it still did the same so i bought two new ones and put them in took it to a garage to get them coded in but still does the same. any idea what it could be. car runs great other than this plenty power still and no smoke out the back so baffled.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.