Shantal-Mod
Shantal-Mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73554018

My micra s 2001 model struggles to accelerate in first and

Customer Question

My micra s 2001 model struggles to accelerate in first and second gear?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have had someone check the car before and it came up with fuel system to learn bank1.It's a three door hatchback.And like I already told you a fuel cleaner was inserted into the tank by my self.This find;t help the car whatsoever.what more can I tell you could it be the oxygen sensor or the throttle body.One mechanic I visited said it could be the throttle body.I'm confused the car has been good in the past and I need an answer as to what could be the problem ASAP.First gear very slow and second gear it judders.hope this page has helped.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes I'm willing to wait.Thankyou.

Thank you for getting back to me. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  mike_a_mechanic replied 4 years ago.
Hi,my name is mike and I will assist you with your question.
The issue that you are describing is there is a restriction in the fuel system and this likely came from the additive that you added to the tank. I don't believe that you need to replace the throttle body,however you do need a fuel induction service. The fuel induction service is the fuel system is connected to a machine and the entire fuel system is cleaned which will solve your problem.

The Professional has left you an answer. Please remember to rate the answer given once you are satisfied. There is no extra charge for follow-up questions.