indy-tech
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience:  Import technician
29331485

Nissan cabstar double cab long wheelbase 2007.Cab vandalised

Customer Question

Nissan cabstar double cab long wheelbase 2007.

Cab vandalised and electrics ripped out.
Everything reconnected and working except ignition, will not turnover. Is the immobiliser the problem, does it need replacing, or bi - passing?
Various auto electricians have looked at it but cannot solve the problem !
John Kettle
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Hello John,

Hello John,

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?

Expert:  indy-tech replied 3 years ago.
Hi John .

Did the auto electricians check for malfunction codes in the complete system .

This has to be done first, or you will never know what has to be rectified .

Most likely a problem with the immobilizer system so a scan will have to be done .

Sorry for the bad news that you have to take it into the dealer ?

But wait, one other option that i would do in your position with out the scan tool
get the local locksmith out ,they have all the equipment needed to check what could be the problem ,they can read immo codes and reset / reprogram your system if needed

Click here for locator

Need further assistance then please get back to me ..

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back with the reply box below and not the poor or bad service button ,

For further assistance there is no extra charge after accepting.

Rgds Greg
Expert:  indy-tech replied 3 years ago.
Hi John, looks like the last mail did not go though.

Greg
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Greg,

I would appreciate more help if possible, will pass on the initial response to my garage.

Good tip about the locksmith !!!

All the best

John K.

Expert:  indy-tech replied 3 years ago.

Hi John .

Not much more one can do with out first doing a diagnostic check with the scan tool to see if you have any codes that will relate to the wiring issue ..

With the ignition switch on jump the starter with a remote starter by crossing the back of the solenoid, red cable with the Black and yellow "S" wire ,if she starts check the starter motor circuit from the ignition to the relay then starter .

Greg