mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, Nissan Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Hello I am buying a Nissan Vanette cargo 2.3 2001 van -

Customer Question

I am buying a Nissan Vanette cargo 2.3 2001 van - date of first registration 01 07 2001 and would like to know the unladen weight of this vehicle in order to ensure it complys with low emission zone regs in central london. Could you please confirm the unladen weight of this vehicle for me?

Andrew
Category: Nissan
Expert:  mike_a_mechanic replied 3 years ago.

Hello, welcome. My name is Mike, I will do my very best to
assist you with your question.

From the information that you are giving me and the fact that the van was made for Malaysia,the weight is 1.175
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello Mike

Thanks for your reply.

That seems about right but I am receiving conflicting news from Nissan Ireland - having given the chassis number of the vehicle they seem to think it weighs 1445kg kerb weight- which I imagine means unladen weight?....and 2505kg gross weight- which is its loading capacity I guess.

By my calculations 1445kg is 1.445 tonnes right?

Here is the chassis number - i wonder if you can shed any further light on this :

Chassis no. VSKMEVC23U0160144

Nissan UK said it was a van made for the Malaysian market but the chassis no. seems to suggest it was made for the irish market according to someone else at Nissan uk- maybe it was made for both.

Anyway please let me know what you think herein?

best wishes

Andrew

Yes 1445 Kg is 1.445 tonnes and the best information that I can come up with from the chassis number is this is the unladen weight is 1.175. 2505 kg is the loading capacity. Thank you.