mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, Nissan Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

I Have a nissan cabstar 08 and it cuts out at low revs or approaching

I Have a nissan cabstar 08 and it cuts out at low revs or approaching lights etc

any ideas ?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  mike_a_mechanic replied 4 years ago.

Hello, welcome. My name isXXXXX will do my very best to
assist you with your question.

Are there any warning lights coming on?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Mike

No warning light on

we have made sure there is plenty of diesel etc but we are now thinking along the lines of maybe electronic, because when the van cuts out, if you turn the ignition off then turn on it fire up straight away.

Dave

The most common reason for this to happen at low revs or at stops is the vehicle sucking in air. The most common reason for the vehicle to suck in air is a leaking intake manifold gasket or a leaking vacuum line. As a first step I would check the engine for any vacuum leaks and check for leaks at the intake.