Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

I Drive a nissan pathfinder with manual controls, I was getting

I Drive a nissan pathfinder with manual controls, I was getting daytime driving lights installed, but when i collected my vehicle and started it up it would only run at idling speed and would not take the accelerator. The computer does not tell us what the problem is. Can you help
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 4 years ago.
Will the vehicle will not rev up in neutral ?

Are you saying this is a manual transmission?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No the vehicle will not rev up, if I hold down the accelator the rev increases slowly but very slightly

Expert:  Jake replied 4 years ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX accelerator is pressed does it feel it's bogging and sputtering or like it doesn't detect the accelerator at all?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It feels like it dosnt detect the accelerator at all. There is a switch on the dash to increase the engine revs and it works ok.

Expert:  Jake replied 4 years ago.
Ok, this indicates a faulty APP sensor. This sensor is part of the gas pedal assembly and is replaced as a complete unit.

Fairly inexpensive and easy to replace.