mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, Nissan Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

My heater/ demister is not working. We have tested the motor

Customer Question

My heater/ demister is not working. We have tested the motor which is working but no information is getting to the motor to graduate the speed. It just does not blow. All fuses are Ok. My car is a Nisan X Trail Sport. It is a W Reg.
I have been told it may be the heater resister. I have also been told it may be the module. Is there a difference? Nisan do not seem to have a clue!
Any help you can give would be great, as these parts are very expensive, even more so if you buy the wrong part and then have to buy a different part because the first one did not work, or was wrong.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  mike_a_mechanic replied 4 years ago.
Hi,my name is mike and I will assist you with your question.
This is the blower motor resister/module that is calling this problem. The resister and the module or the same. This is a very common problem that results in your issue and replacing the resister will solve this problem.