Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

Have had sunroof motor replaced but drains are blocked and

Customer Question

Have had sunroof motor replaced but drains are blocked and are dripping through electrics which is how the motor originally failed. Bought car 2 months ago btw. Do you know the path of the drain in order that I may unblock them, thanks, XXXXX XXXXX cannot help
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 4 years ago.
Hey thanks for the question.

The front drains come out at the front fender wells. If you poor water in the tract you should see it run out below the wells. If it runs out one side and not the other, them you know which side is blocked.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

As I stated if you pour water on that area, because it is blocked, it works its way out through the electrics/switches in the roof, so I would not advise this as I have just put a new motor in. however, we have unblocked it without your help by poking a long length of curtain wire(net curtains) down the drain, but we now have another problem in that the window will not retract unless you use a screwdriver to ease it along about 4" and then it fully retracts, but it retracts too far. the auto electrician who just fitted new motor says its a problem with the cassette !!??!! Perhaps you have encountered this problem

Expert:  Jake replied 4 years ago.
Hey there, thanks for the update. Yea, fixed end stainless cable works well too.

Sure, I can certainly help with the window problem as well.

Just to clarify, you replaced just the window motor correct? Not the regulator?