Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

Hello, I have a Nissan terrano LWB 2.7 diesel manual. Its

Customer Question

Hello, I have a Nissan terrano LWB 2.7 diesel manual. It's has just started to violently vibrate intermittently whilst driving at various speeds. The whole vehicle shakes including the steering wheel. There is No vibration through the gear lever. It lasts for a few seconds and then returns to normal. Any ideas?
Thanks Andre
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 3 years ago.
Hi there, this sounds a lot like an issue with U-joints.

I would start by checking the ear driveshaft joint for any play or leaking that looks like carbon build up. The "whole vehicle" is consistant with it.

Let me know please
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The speed at which you replied was good. I have this morning taken the vehicle to a garage with your suggestion, however, it wasn't what you said. The arm that somehow connects the wheels to the chassis had come away due corrosion, the vehicle was unsafe to drive. Quote to fix £550.
Expert:  Jake replied 3 years ago.
Wow, that's very uncommon and yes unsafe.

I'm surprised the vibration was not constant in that case.

Glad your safe.