mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, Nissan Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Hello I have recently purchased a 2000 Micra 1.4 and given

Customer Question

I have recently purchased a 2000 Micra 1.4 and given it a full service. The plugs were quite dark on the outside edges. I have tried driving it very gently, ordinary and thrashing it, but the fuel economy is not good about 33mpg normally, but one trip along the motorway giving it stick i managed about 39mpg. The brakes are not binding...
Any ideas why the fuel consumption is so poor....
Category: Nissan
Expert:  mike_a_mechanic replied 3 years ago.

Hello, welcome. My name is Mike, I will do my very best to
assist you with your question.

Are there any type of warning lights coming on?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello Mike,

no lights at all. Engine management light lights up for a few seconds when the ignition is turned on then goes off.

Frank

The most common reason for this to happen on these vehicles is a restricted throttle body or carbon restrictions in the fuel system. The best fix for this is a fuel induction service which is a service that cleans the entire fuel system. This service is performed at most garages.