mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, Nissan Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Hi, I have a Nissan X-trail Columbia from 2007. Sometimes

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Nissan X-trail Columbia from 2007. Sometimes when I engage reverse gear and then release the clutch I find the gear stick has slipped back into neutral. I'm also finding that sometimes it's difficult to find first gear, and it takes a couple of goes for the gear stick to find the slot. I'm concerned this indicates a problem with the clutch, as that is expensive to replace. Can you advise why this might be?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  mike_a_mechanic replied 3 years ago.

Hello, welcome. My name is Mike, I will do my very best to
assist you with your question.

The issue that you are having is infact consistent with the clutch starting to become worn and is need of replacement.The gearbox has to be removed in order to replace the clutch which will require about 4 hours of labor.The clutch kit will cost about 125