Mike
Mike, UK Nissan Car Mechanic
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

nissian micra..03 plate (k12) hazzards lights remain activated

nissian micra..03 plate (k12) hazzards lights remain activated when car is being driven/stationary/stopped and doors locked have checked all fuses ?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -

My name is XXXXX XXXXX Im happy to help you with this..

As there has been a delay - please tell me what has been done meantime / if you do still need help - then we can progress -

Rgds, MIKE................................

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
hi mike , further info....have disconnected hazard switch, indicaters still work as they should on the stick.have check all earths on car and each indicator.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
have disconnected hazards . no change. indicators still wiok as they should on stick. ther is no set time or duration that the hazard light s remain on
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hi again -

Thank you for your reply - and further info.

In that case, your Micra is suffering from a fault having developed in the mfu 2 - thats the multifunction control unit (2) which is located under the top of the dash - Its a common fault on this model Im afraid and generally means a mew unit is required.

This will require a strip of the dash to get at / replace the unit - and at this stage, I have to advise that you have the Mfu properly checked - before replacement. This is generally done with Nissan diagnostic equipment -

Again - its a common fault - but its best to be 100% sure before spending money on a replacement - hence I advise as above to get this cured for you.

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Let me know if you need anything more on this at all -

Please do click on the OK rating to Excellent ratings service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me anytime if you need / wish..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.
Mike, UK Nissan Car Mechanic
Experience: Tech Expert