Mike
Mike, UK Nissan Car Mechanic
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

why would the interior lights and lights on the mirrors not

Customer Question

why would the interior lights and lights on the mirrors not work when you open the doors
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is MIKE..

The usual reason for this would be a blown fuse - that covers the interior lights - your Owners manual will tell you which fuse this is - If the lights wont come on when manually switched on neither - that would be the cause...

Or - if its not that - if its not the fuse, then you have either a faulty / bad wire in the circuit - this is usually found between the body and the door - where it opens ( it can be any door - but usually the drivers )..or, a fault with one of the door sensor switches.

Finally if its non of the above, its a fault in the Bcm - thats the main computer that controls this circuit - if it comes to that - you would need garage / diagnsotic equipment help to sort that ...

So work through as above on this one -one way or the other you will have this sorted.

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Let me know if you need anything more on this at all -

Please do click on the OK rating to Excellent ratings service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me anytime if you need / wish..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.