Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

I have a Nissan qashqai 1.6 petrol 97. About a year ago now

Customer Question

I have a Nissan qashqai 1.6 petrol 97. About a year ago now the Keyless entry system stopped working all together. I can unlock the drivers door but only with the key. This does not open the other doors. The open the other doors I have to press the unlock button between the front seats. The boot will not open at all. As for starting the car without the key I can only turn the ignition on but the car will not start. I have to use the key as this is the only way to start the car. At the same time as this fault started the auto lights and wipers will not work properly. When selected to auto they just turn on and stay on.

Any help you can offer I would be very grateful.

Mitch
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.

Hello Mitch,

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am happy to wait and will be very grateful for any answer you can give.

Mitch

Hello Mitch,

Thank you for getting back to me. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Hello Mitch,

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Happy to wait.

Mitch

Hello Mitch,

Thank you for your patience, we will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  Jake replied 2 years ago.

Hi there, Jake Nissan tech here.

Seems like you have quite a few issues going on here at once.

Would I be right by assuming you have already checked all fuses to make sure non are blown?

Assuming that's the case. Does the engine crank when you try to start it? or do absolutely nothing at all?

Let me know please.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Jake,

Thanks for getting back to me. If I try to start the car without using the key it gets as far as the ignition lights coming on and that is it. No engine crank just nothing. If I use the key it starts without a problem. As for the other problems they all went wrong at the same time as the keyless fault occurred. I have check all the fuses and they are fine. Because the keyless entry will not work I have no way at all of opening the boot :(

Any help you can offer would be very grateful.

Mitch
Expert:  Jake replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Mitch.

Well first off all, I would start by replacing the keyless remote battery and using a signal check tool to verify its working. If you have an alternate keyless remote then try that one instead.

Secondly, if you need have to get the boot open there should be an access panel in the rear trim that can come off to manually release the lock latch.

The keyless entry system and auto lights and wipers don't really have anything in common other than the BCM, so unless you had water intrusion on a harness or something then these 2 faults probably are not related.

So I would start with remote as previously mentioned, if an alternate remote or new battery does not correct the issue, then you may need to check the keyless reciever antennae and BCM functions.

Let me know how else i can help. thanks.