Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

The camera keeps switching on while Im driving forwards and

Customer Question

The camera keeps switching on while I'm driving forwards and the bleeper starts when I press the brake pedal
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Expert:  Jake replied 3 years ago.
Hi there, thanks for the question.

This is generally caused by a faulty reverse switch in the shifter assembly.

I'm not sure why your experiencing it only when braking, but both of these features are reverse switch activated only.

Let me know if you need anything else.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So why does the brake pedal cause beeping when the camera comes on and either the lights are on or the indicators are operated?

Expert:  Jake replied 3 years ago.
That is from a short at the brake lamps.

Get 2 new brake lamp bulbs and some electrical parts cleaner. Just remove the bulbs and clean connectors and install new bulbs.you should've good to go.

Thanks again.
Expert:  Jake replied 3 years ago.

Did you need anything else?

if not please remember to leave a positive rating.

thank you