indy-tech
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience:  Import technician
29331485

2002 1.8 Petrol Almera Tino has cut out twice when slowing

Customer Question

2002 1.8 Petrol Almera Tino has cut out twice when slowing down approaching an island, would not restart immediately but restarted on both occasions within two minutes. On the first occasion the EMU light went out. (Diagnostic showed no fault) , on the second occasion the EMU light stayed on (Awaiting the garage diagnostic test). Also missed on a couple of occasions whilst accelerating. Fuel filter cleaned after first breakdown. Could it be a problem with the MAF sensor or the fuel pump ?

0
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Expert:  indy-tech replied 3 years ago.
Hi .

If you have the car now in the garage have them check for codes but this sure sounds like a Idle control valve that is failing . if IAC test good then clean out the throttle body with throttle body cleaner .

The ECU diagnostic code check will confirm this if no codes go ahead and clean the throttle body , common issue with the 1.8l.

Need further assistance then please get back to me.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back with the reply box below and not the poor or bad service button ,
For further assistance there is no extra charge after accepting.

Rgds Greg