Mike
Mike, UK Nissan Car Mechanic
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

How do I start my Nissan Micra auto after replacing the ba

How do I start my Nissan Micra auto after replacing the battery
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

HAPPY TO WAIT

Thank you for getting back to me. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome...

My name is XXXXX XXXXX Im sorry to see you have had a wait..

Basically - you shouldn't be having any such problems... so ,. please explain to me exactly what is happening.... inc if you have any lights on the dash etc when you try to start... then I can carry on with this with you ..

Plus - if you can please give me the cars Full reg - that wil be helpful too...

Kind Rgds, MIKE......................................
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

HI Mike

Hope you can help as this is an absolute nightmare. Car REG: KL54 OFM.

When we turn the ignition on all the panel lights up but the engine will not turn over. Problem seems to be NATS as the red car with the key inside is on & we have been told this means the car is imobilised. So I think the car thinks it is being stolen so won't start. Have read a lot of things about how to get rid of this but none have worked. It seems ridiculous that you cannot replace a dead battery without all this carry on. Please help!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Mike

Do you have any answers yet?

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hi there..

My apologies.. I was meant to be on today earlier but unfortunately situations conspired against me !

I have read what you have said and noted all that... Can I just ask you please try the spare key you have, and see if it starts with that.

If it still doesn't work, disconnect the battery leads / connectors...then connect them together, use a wire if needed to ensure a good connection.. Leave like that for thirty mins, then disconnect them then, BEFORE reconnecting them to the battery, insert your ign key and switch to the first on position...then re connect the battery terminals, and see if it now starts.

Let me know exactly what happens.

Best rgds, MIKE.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi mike

We have tried both keys. When you say the first on position could you be specific where that is. Is it the third position on the ignition switch ie lock acc on start?

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello again...

Sorry I missed you last eve...

When you put the key in -you turn it to the On position - where the dash lights would come on ( if the battery was connected )... any further and you would be at the starter activation ...so just prior to that...

Kind Rgds, MIKE.
Mike, UK Nissan Car Mechanic
Experience: Tech Expert
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello again..

Im just checking how you are getting on with your Micra..

Basically if the above didnt work for you either - then the security system has gone faulty and will need resetting with plug in diagnostic equipment Im afraid...

Rarely would such need any replacement parts - although on occasion some need a new antenna for the security system ( on the ign barrel )... but it would need the test equipment to progress to fixing - again, thats if the above didnt work for you..

Let me know how you got on - or if you need any more help at all....

Kind Rgds - MIKE.

.................Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...

.....You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Rgds, MIKE.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Mike

Just tried what you said & without the battery connected the key won't turn in ignition so we quickly reconnected it & then disconnected with key in , reonneted again & it worked first time. Thanks so much for your help. Will keep this in case it happens again.

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hi again..

Thank you for your message.. Im very pleased that worked for you thats excellent.

The other way , easier way for future - for this or any modern motor is to purchase what's called a battery / memory saver - from any good car shop - they are not expensive. They plug into the cars cig socket - and then you change the battery - that device meantime keeps all the memories in all the modules stored etc - so hence, no issues such as you had there...
So , I hope that may be of some help for you future hence.. ;)

Again - Im glad you are sorted .. You know where I am if there is ever anything else..

Best Rgds, MIKE.