Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

Hi, my 03 Cabstar tipper has the engine warning light on. It

Customer Question

Hi, my 03 Cabstar tipper has the engine warning light on. It was very intermittent but now is on all the time. The truck runs great, as good as ever in fact. From what I have read it is probably a faulty sensor but they also say that it will affect performance. Is there a sensor that doesn't and if so can I change it myself? Many thanks.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 3 years ago.
Hi there, it may or may not be a sensor related issue.

Since there are no driveability issues and hundreds of possible codes you will need to have a garage pull the code for you. Once you have the code I can happily tell you what is going on. Younaeenitncould be something as simple as an evap leak, but you won't know without pulling the code.

Let me know how I can help, thanks.