indy-tech
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience:  Import technician
29331485

Hi I have a Nissan Navara Auto D40 2009, it has done 55 thousand

Customer Question

Hi I have a Nissan Navara Auto D40 2009, it has done 55 thousand miles just started having a problem when accelerating hard, misfires badly but if I accelerate gently it will still cruise at 70mph. The vehicle is due for a service is it possible the fuel filter may be blocked and does the ecu have to be programmed once the fuel filter has been changed.
Be grateful if you could shed any light.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Expert:  indy-tech replied 3 years ago.
Hi .

This does sound like a problem with water contaminated fuel so a good filter change would be a good start.

If the check engine light is ON when the engine is running have the system hooked up to a diagnostic scan tool and check for malfunction codes.

A sensor like the MAF sensor will give you problems like this, the scan tool will confirm this ..

After replacing the Fuel filter there is no need to reprogram the system the fuel filter warning light will go out automatically with the new filter fitted ..

Need further assistance then please get back to me if needed.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back with the reply box below and not the poor or bad service button ,
For further assistance there is no extra charge after accepting.

Rgds Greg