indy-tech
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience:  Import technician
29331485

an injector light has come on but the car drives fine

Category: Nissan
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Expert:  indy-tech replied 3 years ago.
Hi .

The injector light you referring to is the check engine light.

If the “check engine” light illuminates, it will either blink or remain constant, depending on the problem.

Either way, you should have the vehicle checked by a Qualified Service Technician as soon as possible he will connect a scan to up to the car and check for malfunction codes ..

If the light is steady, the problem is not an emergency, but you should schedule an appointment as soon as possible.

A blinking light usually indicates a severe engine misfire allowing unburned fuel to be dumped into the exhaust system.

There it can quickly raise the temperature of the catalytic converter to a point where melt down is likely, requiring an expensive repair.

If this occurs, you should slow down and have the vehicle checked as soon as possible.

In your case the car drives fine so this will give you a bit more time so you can make a date with the local repair shop

Need further assistance then please get back to me .

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back with the reply box below and not the poor or bad service button ,
For further assistance there is no extra charge after accepting.

Rgds Greg

indy-tech, Import tech
Experience: Import technician
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi there

i was mistaken, it is the dpf light. it came on and i lost some power. i took my car on the motorway did 70mph for 20 mins and it went out. car seems fine now

thanx

Expert:  indy-tech replied 3 years ago.
Hi .

Okay no problem .

If you do a lot of stop and go , city driving then i suggest you do a run like this ones every 3 months , This is regeneration of the particular filter in the exhaust system.

Also keep an eye on your Engine oil level that is does not rise its level, as this model is know for diesel leak from the injectors that pass the piston rings over night and contaminate the engine oil and rise the oil level and cause DPF problems.

Rgds Greg