Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  self employed in the motor repair buisness 19years
13210289

I have bought a second hand Micra. Radio not working because

I have bought a second hand Micra. Radio not working because battery supply was cut off. I have number code to restore it, but when I follow instructions in handbook and enter code, the display shows "Wait 1 Hr" and nothing happens. What am I doing wrong, please? Gill
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

The wait 1 hour means the radio has gone in to safe mode - this means either the code you have has been put in wrongly or the code is incorrect - the usual method to get it off wait 1 hour etc is try by leaving the radio and ignition switched on - dont start the car - just leave the radio powered up showing that message and the ignition on and leave it for and hour - keep checking every so often to see if its come of that message - when it does it will then allow you to enter the code..So if safe to do so depending where the car is..then give that a try above - i do hope this helps

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you. Will try first thing tomorrrow and let you know. But I'm ticking the psitive rating box anyway because your reply makes sense. Next problem may be where I go from here if I have been gi ven a wrong code. But we'll see.