Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

i cannot locate the fuel filter on

Customer Question

i cannot locate the fuel filter on my car its a almera hurrcane [petrol] reg no eko2twc first registered 22 05 2005 1497cc i took it to a garage the mechanic put it up a a car lift to look underneath but he could not find it either he said it might be in the petrol tank as a life time item is he right the car loses power only on hills is that the symtom of a clogged filer in anticipation of your reply thank you edward xxxxxx

Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 3 years ago.

Hi there, the filter is on the pump itself, you actually have to seperate the pump housing to get to the filter, because it is not a maintenance item.

Your symptoms are common with a weak fuel pump, so the pump itself may be your fault not the filter. If you want to try the filter you need a sock type filter like they use on an aftermarket walbro racing pump or similar, otherwise you need to clean your filter out.

Let me know if you need anything else. thanks