Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

lack of power on acceleration,holds back as if fuel blockage

lack of power on acceleration,holds back as if fuel blockage 2.2turbo diesel 2003
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Expert:  Jake replied 3 years ago.
Generally when you have an issue with power loss that seems to be associated with fuel pressures it's an issue with the SCV on the high pressure pump. The suction valve works like a throttle to the pump that helps regulate fuel pressure and timing.
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience: Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.