Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

2005 SVE occasionally cuts out when changing down gears at

2005 SVE occasionally cuts out when changing down gears at junction / roundabout - first thing in morning will take maybe 2 or 3 turns of the ignition key ( it always used to @catch' first time, immediately ) and the tick over is uneven - it seems to rise and fall in a regular rhythm.
The garage replaced the fuel injectors a month ago and at first it seemed to have sorted the problem, but it is back to square one now.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  Jake replied 3 years ago.
Hi there, do you have the gas or Diesel engine?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry, I should have said - it is a diesel

Expert:  Jake replied 3 years ago.

Sounds to me like you may have issue with air in the lines or with the SCV. This would also explain why replacing the injectors temporarily fixed the problem, because they would have bled the fuel system at that time.

The SCV is similar to a throttle for the fuel pump and controls the supply volume to the pump. For what it's worth, the SCV is usually the culprit with any fuel supply issues, the high pressure pump is rarely at fault.

Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience: Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you Jake, you have been very helpful.

Expert:  Jake replied 3 years ago.

your welcome, if you run into further questions feel free to ask me.

thanks.