Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  self employed in the motor repair buisness 19years
13210289

Hi, I have a Micra 03 Model automatic and as I came out of

Hi, I have a Micra 03 Model automatic and as I came out of a car park on Friday the power steering light came on the dashboard and the steering locked, it was very difficult to turn the wheel and I managed to get to the side of the road. After a few minutes I started the car up and the steering seemed to be OK. Is this a problem that will come back and do I need to get it checked out, or was it a "one off" and no further actiion will be needed.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help

They can be known for faults in regards XXXXX XXXXX power steering,it electronic steering.sometimes down to the electric motor on column usually.If you have local garage with a good diagnostic machine to read the codes from the steering ecu they can try clearing the fualts stored in the steering ecu. and sometimes the steering will then work ok,or turning ignition off and on again often clears the fault .The usual problem is either loss of steering or the red PS light on the dash or even down to a fualty steering sensor..sometimes checking the connections into the column can help resolve it if a loose connection..either way it hard to tell if the problem has solved itself or will come back - if there is total loss of steering completely and the codes can't be cleared and has been verified the column needs replaced..then your best solution would be via the link below...I do hope this helps

http://www.bba-reman.com/catalogue/DetailedProduct.aspx?DetailedProduct=528