Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

hello , i am having a problem with my Nissan primistar se 100

Customer Question

hello , i am having a problem with my Nissan primistar se 100 dci. the problem is , when i start the van i have to wait about 10 seconds before i can get any acceleration, and when im am driving the van it will cut out very quickly and the orange light on the dash will light up, but this only happens when i accellorate...thankyou
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hello, i still need assistance from one of your experts... thankyou.

Thank you for getting back to me. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  Jake replied 3 years ago.

Hi there, sorry for your wait.

are you saying the service engine light comes on when you try to accelerate and the van cuts out on you?

If so it's likely storing a fault code which could be very helpful.

If the rail pressure sensor is detecting a pressure drop and pressure valve operation dropping off it should throw a fault which would save in diagnosis time.

More commonly these symptoms are relate to the suction valve on the side of the pump and not a fault of the pump itself. These valves control pump volumes and if they are not functioning properly the rail pressures will be off and you will get fuel cut.

Let me know how else i can help. thank you