Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

I have a 2005 Pathfinder and have had a problem with the climate

I have a 2005 Pathfinder and have had a problem with the climate control for some time now. When using the A/C it will randomly start blowing hot when driving at speed, so I stop at the services for 2 minutes and to air con kicks in and is fine until I turn the engine off , then have to repeat the performance over again.
Also when using the heater at speed it starts blowing cold, to rectify I put the heater on HI or have to stop for a minutes.
Any Ideas
George
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Hello George,

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

please continue , I still need an answer

Thank you for getting back to me. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  Jake replied 3 years ago.

Hi there, thanks for your question.

These climate control systems can sometimes be a little a tricky so bear with me.

Keep in mind when you have it on the auto-climate mode that it's using the in cabin sensor to determine the air discharge temp required to get it to your desired temp.

If the air seems to fluctuate randomly when you have it at a comfortable setting then it's highly likely that the cabin sensor is not functioning properly.

Let me know what other questions you have so i can help. thanks.

Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience: Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.