Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

I have a 2012 Nissan Qashqai N-Tec +IS DCI with a yellow engine

I have a 2012 Nissan Qashqai N-Tec +IS DCI with a yellow engine line constantly on.
Is is safe to drive 100 miles as I need to to be somewhere later on?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have not had a reply to my question

Expert:  Jake replied 3 years ago.

I would be happy to answer your question.

Assuming that your not having any driveability issues like stalling, or misfires, or bucking, or loss of power, then you should be perfectly fine to drive with the yellow service engine soon light on.

What this light means is that the engine has detected a fault and has stored a code which could be hundreds of possibilities. Alot of them are emissions related which won't effect performance at all.

If you have anymore questions please ask. If not, please leave me a kind rating.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have no problem with the answer just the fact that it took 30 hours to get a reply

Expert:  Jake replied 3 years ago.

ok, keep in mind that you rated me based off the time it to get an answer.

I don't see it fair that you punish the expert for trying to help, just because noone else felt comfortable taking your question earlier.

THE ONLY reason I chimed in was because I felt bad to see you had been waiting, I don log into the site on the weekends much so I had no idea you were waiting on an answer.

Please rate me based off MY assistance, don't rate me based off your wait for an expert who felt comfortable with your question.

IF you need help in the future, request me personally and it will notify my phone by email and I will log in just to assist you.

Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience: Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
Expert:  Jake replied 3 years ago.
I edited my last post so read the last line again in case you need help in the future.