indy-tech
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience:  Import technician
29331485

I have a 2006 x-trail 2.2dci have just replaced vacuum pump

I have a 2006 x-trail 2.2dci have just replaced vacuum pump chain and tensioner and had the timing chain and tensioners replaced but at 1500 revs only a rattling noise can be heard above or below 1500 revs it is quite what could the problem be as vehicle runs fine although the mechanic who replace the chain said the new tensioners in the kit were diff to the original could the tensioner be the issue
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello thanks for getting back yes I still need advise from one of your experts thanks again

Expert:  indy-tech replied 3 years ago.
Hi .

This is due to the tensioner ,if the right tensioner was not used the oil pressure could be causing this issue.
The tensioner you have fitted may not have the specs needed for your engine ,tension length is a big factor for the chain to keep its tension at all speeds .

Have him replace the tensioner with the correct part and don't use aftermarket tensioner's.

Need further assistance then please get back to me .

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back with the reply box below and not the poor or bad service button ,
For further assistance there is no extra charge after accepting.

Rgds Greg
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience: Import technician