Mike
Mike, UK Nissan Car Mechanic
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Red malfunction warning light on and Nissan quashqai wont

Customer Question

Red malfunction warning light on and Nissan quashqai won't start what is it ?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is MIKE - Im happy to help / advise you.

With this situation, the immobiliser on the car is in the Active state - so the engine will not start.

Try using your spare keys - often its a key / fob fault... if that then works, you know thats what it is and you would need to get a new key / fob.

If that doesn't work - then the fault is on the car side of things - most likely and usually a failed antenna ring for the security system - that fits behind the ignition under the cowl. These are a common fault on these models - but its not a DIY fix Im afraid - you would need then to have what called the fault codes read - this is with plug on diagnostic equipment to ID the fault for sure whatever it is on the system - then to fix what has failed.

If the use of the spare keys dont work as above- you will need to call on the local Nissan dealer as the equipment as mentioned will be needed... or, if you subscribe to the likes of the breakdown services - they have the test equipment too - So those are the ways forward for you at this point-- Whatever the fault is - at that stage, the equipment is needed on this model to trace the fault as you have that light -

Let me know if you need anything else -

.>> >> > ..Meantime..............Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Rgds, MIKE.