Mike
Mike, UK Nissan Car Mechanic
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

I have a 2000w reg terrano 2.7 engine light on diagnostic code

I have a 2000w reg terrano 2.7 engine light on diagnostic code 34 knock sensor is this the knock sensor at fault and where is it located or is there another cause for code 34 it has started to work ok a couple of times then engine light comes back on and engine not running well
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -

My name is XXXXX XXXXX Im happy to help/ advise you.

There is no knock sensor on a diesel engine no..

Code 34 on the engine you have relates to Injector needle lift sensor fault . If you look at the injectors, one has a wire going to it - usually no.3.. sometimes no.1... but whichever its on , thats the one.

Check the wiring there to it - inc the connection for any faults... If no faults, the injector usually needs to be changed to cure that.

Just one other thing - if you have recently had the fuel filter changed or, check for any leaks of fuel etc - air in the fuel system can also create this code as it affects the sensor itself - so bear that in mind too.
Let me know if you need anything else at all --

.>> >> > ..Meantime..............Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Rgds, MIKE.
Mike, UK Nissan Car Mechanic
Experience: Tech Expert
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi mike will look into that i think fuel filter has just been changed as car was serviced recently will come back to you if i have any more problems

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi mike thanks for information have tried bleeding the system no improvement looks like it is needle lift sensor I have disconnected it and it makes no difference to running or light how do you cancel the management light ,can you override the sensor, is it critical. sorry to ask silly questions but money tight told injector is about £400

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello agai Norman..

I understand, that's fine,

I'm afraid you cannot cancel the light..the ecu puts the light on when such a fault is detected...so it won't let the light out until the fault itself is resolved.
Nor can you override the sensor I'm afraid...it's electronic , too, the ecu " knows " it's there ( and faulty ) , hence the above.

The only answer is to have it replaced I'm afraid.. If you look around for a local diesel specialist, often handy can do such work / supply such parts considerably cheaper than Nissan .. So as a tip, that's the best I can suggest on this one Norman.

I hope it all works out ok for you.

Best rgds, MIKE.