Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

I have a Nissan Micra S 2006 which stalls when stopping at

Customer Question

I have a Nissan Micra S 2006 which stalls when stopping at junctions and runs lumpy when idle (no maintenance light has come on at all at any time). Local garage put on diagnostics and code P0011 came up so they replaced the camshaft sensor but it still stalls and lumpy idle. They checked timing chain tensioner and was 15mm so they have now replaced timing chain with a new one but it is still stalling and lumpy idle. Can you help please, they have no idea what problem is and have put back on diagnostics machine and no codes show.

Our mechanic has also checked and cleaned the throttle body, checked all valves, and the sensor (water temp) has also been replaced.  

We found out 2 weeks ago through Nissan that there was an outstanding recall on the vehicle from 2010 (I have owned vehicle since 2013) - 'contacts in the engine control module (ECM) and ignition relay in the IPDM may be contaminated and need replacing'. Took vehicle to Nissan just over week ago and they replaced these units.  

However, car is still stalling at junctions/lights when slowing down and is lumpy when idle.

Category: Nissan
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello, you may now close my question as I have found my answer elsewhere, thank you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi, sorry but I did reply asking for my question to be closed as I had to resolve the problem elsewhere. Thanks.