Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

My p12 6 speed gear change is stiff side to side, gear selection

My p12 6 speed gear change is stiff side to side, gear selection is ok. Can the cables be lubricated or is there something more sinister afoot?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?

Expert:  Jake replied 3 years ago.

Hey there, sorry for any delays.

When your only having issues with side to side operation it's usually just a bushing or something simple causing the resistance.

First thing I would do is remove the shift knob so you can pull the console trim covering the shifter assembly and inspect the guide plate and bushing.

When you only issue is side to side movement it's usually nothing serious indicating a malfunction with the gear box itself, so i wouldn't be too concerned in that aspect.

Let me know how else i can help please.

Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience: Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.