Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  self employed in the motor repair buisness 19years
13210289

My Nissan Qashqai 2+ has a very stiff clutch pedal. Can a

My Nissan Qashqai 2+ has a very stiff clutch pedal. Can a mechanic release the pressure of do I just have to live with it?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

The Clutch operating system on these cars are hydraulic - There isnt any way to actually adjust - as they are self adjusting as the clutch wears out - nor release pressure on this or you could loose the ability to disengage the clutch properly to bring in and out of gear..Its possible there maybe a problem with the clutch / actuating mechanism maybe either the master/slave cylinder is binding up or the clutch assembly itself pressure plate... so in that case if this car was dealer sourced or bought by yourself - I would go back to them and ask that the Service manager comes out with you on a test drive so that you can demonstrate the issue to them with you present....and then go from there..Like i say above its not possible to release pressure on these as they work on the same bases as the brakes as its uses the same fluid..I do hope this helps..if you need to ask anything else or include anything further then just continue before you rate