Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  self employed in the motor repair buisness 19years
13210289

I have a Nissan tida 1.5 diesel engine has become noisy could

I have a Nissan tida 1.5 diesel engine has become noisy could it be the turbo
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

Can you explain exactly the noise your hearing and when it generally seems to occur? or if possible do you know roughly the area you seem to hear it from?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The noise seems to be coming from air filter system car is loud inside especially in low gears

Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi..there thanks for your reply..

Ok..If this noise seems to occur under load or on throttle - ie:- hissing or air noise then it possible you may have a slight split in one of the air/intercooler hose pipe work that leads to the turbo..so certainly ensure thats all been inspected carefullyaswell as the filter element itself..if the noise seems to occur form the turbo unit itself..then it possible you maybe looking a fault trubo/bearings cause too much play in the shaft internally..I do hope this helps..If you need to ask anything else then just continue before you rate

.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I discovered that a bolt had broken on the engine mount I replaced it and it solved the probelem