Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  self employed in the motor repair buisness 19years
13210289

Hi...I have a Nissan Almera SE 52 plate. I went to start

Customer Question

Hi...I have a Nissan Almera SE '52' plate. I went to start the engine this morning and nothing happened. I later found in the Owner's Manual that it was due to a 'NATS (Nissan Anti-Theft System) malfunction. The warning/error light flashed six times then remained on when key in ignition is in the 'ON' position. Now that light doesn't come on when key is turned in 'ON' position and some,(not all), dash board lights flicker (incl. malfunction indicator light, door open warning light and the fuel gauge arm flicks up and down and then trips back to zero). The central locking no longer functions and electrics do not come on. I bought the car second hand. I have no 'Key Code' or 'NATS PIN' Is there anything I can do to fix this issue? Thanks...Haydn
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

Probably the first thing to check here seeing as you describe no power/fading power - to anything would be your main battery is going flat or is flat "jump start if required" to see if the car indeed starts up if so then a test of the battery needs to be done /terminals on the battery are secure and clean and all earthpoints and engine/transmission earth straps are secure..I do hope this helps

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Great Advice!!!

Great Help!!!

Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi..there..Glad to help..Anything else you need to ask then just continue here..

Also please dont forget to "rate" my assistance please..Always appreciated..Regards Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.