Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

I am the owner of a nissan murano 2005. I recently bought a

Customer Question

I am the owner of a nissan murano 2005. I recently bought a new stereo unit and can not enter the code in to the unit as it comes up as secure. I have taken the car to the local nissan dealer and they were unable to enter the code as we'll. s there a particular sequence to follow to enter the code? My murano registration number is XXXXX I would appreciate if you could help me with this problem. Many thanks john abrahams.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 3 years ago.

I am sorry your having problems with this.

Are you saying you HAVE THE CODE, but are unsure of HOW to enter it?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes I've got the code but the unit is from another murano so when it was fitted in mine it just displayed Secure
Expert:  Jake replied 3 years ago.
Ok, the codes are specific to the units themselves and not the vehicle. So as long as you have the code for the specific audio unit you should be fine.

Which audio unit do you have? As there are multiple versions.