indy-tech
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience:  Import technician
29331485

Hello , My girlfriend has recently bought a W reg 1.4 SE+

Customer Question

Hello ,

My girlfriend has recently bought a W reg 1.4 SE+ and there is a grinding noise coming from the PS. The fluid level is correct and it is only present when the steering is on hard (not full lock but not far off), I heard it when she was parking up a couple of days ago.

Please advise.

Cheers
Rick
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Hello Rick,

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  indy-tech replied 3 years ago.
Hi .

I would first start off with a good flush and fluid change .this sometimes help .

If not the power steering pump needs replacing .

Need further assistance then please get back to me with the reply box and not the poor or bad service button .

Rgds Greg