Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

secure on green strip cd and radio not working also audio controls

Customer Question

secure on green strip cd and radio not working also audio controls on steering wheel not working
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 3 years ago.

hi there, are you still needing help with this?

If so could you elaborate more on what "green strip" your talking about?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello Jake the green strip comes on the computer when you switch on you can use the other settings but after about 30 secs the green strip comes back with secure on it this started in Dec when my battery went flat and the cd radio and thrum control on steering stopped working,I had the car serviced in Jan and the car is fine the mechanic who did the job said I needed a auto electrician to correct the fault ,all the fuses have been checked I also disconnected the neg on the battery for 35 minutes with my foot on the brake this did not work. *****@******.***

Expert:  Jake replied 3 years ago.

Ok, I was thinking you were talking about a ribbon cable or something on the control unit. That helps.

Sounds to me like the unified meter & A/C amp is failing. It's located behind the console underneath the display.