Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

Nissan qashai 2007,mlg,89655....had a small service on the

Customer Question

Nissan qashai 2007,mlg,89655....had a small service on the 3rd of june 2014...I pick the car up and drove it for 27mlis from the garage..the piston ring exploded and put the hole in the engine block...manage to take the car back and the technician says,,,piston ring and bolt was lying on the undertray......I bought the car from the same garage and in my opinion that is the manufactor problems..where do I stand ......regards
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

don't have any answer,i saw the broken parts which was lying on the undertray,,,,the piston shell shears off,the piston bolt got loose cause the engine to vibrate and piston to explode,,,,,,,,,to me that manufactors fault,,,,,, I spoke to experts and they said ,,that should never happens am having a dispute with garage and I need to know where I stand on this ,,,,,am asking your opinion on this...regards....

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am still waiting for you to answer my statement , do you know what cause the engine to sieze ...do I have a case against them....regards

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: No answer yet.
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -

My name is MIKE - Im happy to help / advise you ... Im sorry to see you have had a wait.

Can I just ask - was the engine etc running fine before the service - or any signs of problems at all?

When you drove the car - after the service ... did you have any signs of trouble then - ie- any warning lights etc on the dash at all --- and / or any noises from the engine ( while driving ) ?

When you say it had a "small service" -- please qualify if this inc an oil / filter change?

Too - what mileage has it done between the service and the failure?

Rgds, MIKE..........................................