indy-tech
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience:  Import technician
29331485

I have recently had my car serviced and the mechanic was unable

I have recently had my car serviced and the mechanic was unable to reset the service warning light. I have followed instructions on other forums regarding the use of the clock button that protrudes from tye speedo but to know avail. Any ideas how I can reset the service due indicator. I haven't a 2011 Nissan Note.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  indy-tech replied 3 years ago.
Hi .

First switch ignition ON, then with in 10 seconds press in the reset button (A) and hold
for approx 3 seconds then the service interval indicator will flash ,then repeatally press the (A) button to the distance for the next service ,then release the (A) button ,then WAIT 5 SECONDS before you switch off the ignition or you will have to do this all over again .

If you still need further assistance then please don't rate just yet , just get back to me with the reply button, and I will get back to you or inform another expert to assist you if needed
Kindest regards Greg
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Greg. Thanks for your answer but this is the process that both I and the mechanic at the garage have already tried numerous times. The service interval has already reached 0 and no amount of holding or pressing the reset button seems to allow us to set this to the next interval. Any more ideas?

Thanks Sarah

Expert:  indy-tech replied 3 years ago.
Hi Sarah .

If the manual system will not reset then you will have to use the
dealer scan tool to reset the light and service intervals ,

This is the only option left Sarah .

Rgds Greg