mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, Nissan Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

my fuel neck on my almera tino 2001 is bust near tank, im getting

my fuel neck on my almera tino 2001 is bust near tank, im getting 2nd hand replacement. In fuel fillup opening, there are no bolts only what looks like a rubber seal. under wing holding the pipe up there is a flange bolted to frame. my Q is this: how on earth do you replace the dam part? do you pull down or bring up through the fuel opening on side of body work?

DAVID
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Hello David,

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi. yes i could still do with a reply.

David

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi. is anyone able to help me out??

David

Hello David,

Thank you for getting back to me. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  mike_a_mechanic replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.
After the bolt is removed the fuel filler neck is pulled down in order to remove this part, however the fuel tank has to be lowered in order to have enough access to get the neck out. You don't have to take the tank all the way out just loosen the straps and lower it.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thankyou for getting back to me. i will try this out on monday afternoon. will let you know how i get on

thanks again. David

No problem, thank you. Also you can respond back to this question at anytime after rating positive and I will continue to help you should you need it.
mike_a_mechanic, Nissan Mechanic
Experience: 17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you. David

No problem thank you.