Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

My micra as an intelligent key but I have pressed the clutch

Customer Question

My micra as an intelligent key but I have pressed the clutch and brake by mistake when trying to start it and it now has nothing at all won't start no noise at all how can I get it started again
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  Jake replied 3 years ago.
Hey there, sorry for the delay.

Are you still needing help?

If so, pressing the clutch and brake simultaneously won't hurt anything.

Generally when you get NOTHING, no clicking or anything when trying to start it is because either the battery is dead or the clutch safety switch has failed and won't allow you to start the engine because it cannot detect the clutch pedal being pressed In.